Spec PlanE: Roofing
what's on this page
Spec Plan-E looks at roofing and roofing materials. Part of roofing includes rain removal systems. Make sure to order gutter protection guards. You will welcome it later on.
Spec Plan E: Roofing
what you need to do —
Identify type of roof and rain removal systems:
— ceramic tile on main house
— protective guards on rain gutters, etc.
- Roofing materials come in asphalt and fiberglass shingles, cedar shakes, tile, slate and other more expensive materials.
- You may consider adding a solar panel
or other alternative energy systems:
view center: alternative energy
Rain removal systems include gutters, down spouts, and underground piping that channels the water to respective areas.
- Visit our Home Building Gallery for complete
information on roofing and rain removal
view center: roofing / rain removal systems view center: exterior home directory
Check framing building codes:
- check this online building code guide:
- from howstuffworks.com:
about building the roof
Step 1: develop the plan
- take a completed draft of the spec sheet to your architect or planner, who will can customize a building plan or revise an existing plan that meets your specs.
- use your spec sheet and floor plan to bid the construction project to contractors
Step 2: get required building permits
- It will either be up to you or the contractor to obtain each permit.
all about permits
lookup your local government for permit information
Step 3: find pre-screened contractors and other service providers